So today I totally made these.
My friend Reannon and I had a diy morning and had so much fun making these hanging neon moss balls. It’s a weird name for them but I can’t think of another way to describe them so I’m going with that.
I’ve seen these at few times on Pinterest and at some local markets and thought I’d give them a go. And they were so easy!
Have a go yourself! Here’s what you’ll need:
* Clump together some potting mix and wet it so it stays together – a bit like making a mud pie.
* Make a hole at the top to put your cutting in then re mould your soil ball if needed.
* Wet some sphagnum moss, wring out the water then wrap the moss around the soil ball. The moss expands quite a lot when wet so you won’t need much but make sure the moss covers all the soil. It will be tricky and crumbly and messy but it will all come together once you add the string.
* Grab your string and start wrapping! There’s no right or wrong way to do this and there’s no limit to how much string you’ll need. Just keep going until you have the desired effect. Tie it off to secure the string.
* Next, cut two lengths of string and cross them over underneath your moss ball then bring the strands together and tie with a knot.
* Voila, you’ve made your very own hanging neon moss ball! How clever are you?!
I love the look of these. The neon really makes them pop and they’re very on trend. I think they give a current spin on a hanging pot.